Yesterday was my mom's birthday and I got inspired by Alice in Wonderland (old Disney movie) and celebrated my unbirthday and so we baked a tart as she isn't that fond of birthday cakes. And oh my goodness, it is SUPER EASY and DELICIOUS. One of the best tarts I've had in my life! If you are craving an amazing cake/something sweet go for it! The recipe is really really easy so even if you don't think of yourself as the most advanced baker TRY IT! :) Usually if you make a tart you bake the pie crust first and then bake it again with the filling, but you don't even have to do that in this recipe! PERFECT. (just saying)
SIMPLE APPLE TART
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 200g white sugar
- 100g unsalted butter
- 4 big apples
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 180-200C
- Put flour and 100g (half of the amount) of sugar in a bowl.
- Add egg yolk and butter and knead the dough. Cover ready dough in plastic wrap and put in a fridge for a couple of minutes.
- Wash the apples and peel the skin off them. Then cut in rather thin slices.
- Take out the dough and fill your tart pan (however you like it, whether roll out the dough and transfer it into the pan or just pat parts of the dough into the pan using your fingers)
- Using a fork puncture the bottom of the dough a bit
- Decorate your tart with apple slices (you can do differen patterns, I'm gonna try the rose kind of thing next time!)
- Sprinkle apples with the rest of sugar and cinnamon
- Bake for about 30 min
ENJOY, my loves! <3 nbsp="">3>
It is de-li-cious, I'm telling you, you want to eat this tart.
Let me know if you made it, pictures will be awesome!